Thank you so much for being here!
My name is Vicky Lashenko, it’s so good to meet you!
I started Mompreneur Show for 2 reasons.
- I wanted to learn from mom entrepreneurs who not only achieved great success in business, but also continue to succeed within their families. Honoring their husbands, nurturing their children, and serving their communities.
- I used to be a podcast junkie and every time I listed to an episode – I had many questions come up that I obviously couldn’t ask since the podcast was pre-recorded. I’ve always told myself that if I ever start a show – it’s going to be live 🙂
I know that I’m not the only one with these values and preferences – so I created it for you as well, mama, to not only grow your business, but also nurture your family and ask questions LIVE as they come up 🙂 I hope you enjoy!
About Mompreneur Show
It was a very cold January in 2015 in Portland, OR. I’ve been freelancing for a few years and feeling very unfulfilled in my career. Most of my friends and family didn’t understand what I was doing online and most of them thought that I sat on Facebook all day long. I was always invited to tea parties, shopping, play dates, and getting nails done – but what I was craving was to be around mom entrepreneurs who juggled family and business and did it with passion and joy. I had some incredible mompreneur friends online – but I really wanted to physically surround myself with such people as I know that I am who I surround myself with.
On January 31’st I received an email from meetup.com – you know – one of those awesome “new year” marketing campaigns that said something along the lines of “Sign up by January 31st and get 50% off!” I knew that it was a sign and signed up. Come February – I had a first successful meetup in Portland, OR with the most incredible mompreneurs gathered in one, big, beautiful IKEA room. It was amazing.
Throughout 2015 – monthly “Mompreneur Community” meetups was something I was looking forward to, but deep down, I knew that there was something bigger than I that was waiting for me just around the corner.
In October I was at Pioneer Nation – an incredible conference hosted by Chris and Jolie Guillebeau – there I reluctantly committed in front of 300 attendees that I was going to start a show in the first week of January. It was life changing and I came out of there with a plan – a plan to launch Mompreneur Show – LIVE – and here we are 🙂
About Vicky Lashenko
I’m the host of the Mompreneur Show and I help mompreneurs create and run profitable businesses while raising thriving families.
My business, advice, and stories has been featured in Parents Magazine (August ’15 issue) LEVO, and Huffington Post – to name a few.
I started my entrepreneurial journey in 2012, after leaving a career in accounting to be able to stay home with my babies. I went from starting as a VA, to a Social Media Manager, to Local Business Consultant and Speaker. It was a fun, exhausting, incredible, and a very educational ride. I truly believe that our past experiences prepare us for today’s opportunities. So here I am today.
As a host of the Mompreneur Show – my intention is to inspire, encourage, and educate mothers around the world! I get daily emails from moms who are inspired and encouraged from the show – some even started their businesses based on the advice they heard from the guests and I! It’s truly rewarding and it’s everything what I hoped it would be! I would love to have you join us! We’re live every Monday at 10am Pacific, 1pm Eastern over on our Facebook page!
A bit more about me:
Being the host of the show is fun and all – but my greatest accomplishment in life is being a wife to my dear, handsome husband Peter, and mothering my two precious little boys!
Our life has been quite unconventional, I don’t know if it’s my annual attendance at World Domination Summit – but we lead a very interesting life. The most recent and exciting (but VERY stressful) thing that we did was moving across the country from Portland, OR – to Greenville, SC! It was quite the change for our family but we’re finally settling down and couldn’t be anymore happier!
If you’ve gotten this far – here are some fun facts about me 😉
- I’m the oldest of 7 children
- I only have 1 sister (sissy, as I like to call her)
- I play the piano and used to compose music
- I’m into traditional cooking and this is the book that educated me the most!
- I rarely watch TV or Movies
- I take the ‘R’ and ‘L’ on my headphones pretty seriously
- I never stop googling things
- My first try at a blogging was in 2010
- I love my latte’s but this is my favorite kind of tea (I buy it in bulk!)
- I was born in Ukraine and lived there 8 years
- Bookstores are my favorite kind of store
- I homeschooled my boys for 3 years
- Thrifting clothing and home goods is my favorite
- I was in a car accident that nearly killed me and changed my life
- My favorite way look pretty is to use an eyelash curler – I’ve had this one for almost 9 years!
- I got married at 18.5 years old
- I love buying used when I can
- I love gardening & composting table scraps
- My favorite thing to do on a rainy day is curl up and read a good book
- I LOVE self-help books, but here’s one of my favorite biographies
- I don’t mind working on a messy desk
- I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and love me some pastries and chocolate
- After YEARS of laundry struggle – I do it all on a Friday
- I am in love with handlettering (watching people do it, that is)
- I used to care what people think about me
That’s it for now!
Now it’s your turn! Tell me about YOU! What fun fact do we both share? Let me know below! 👇🏽
Want to Avoid the Mistakes I've Made?
I've compiled the 5 biggest mistakes I made in my mompreneurial journey in hopes to help you avoid them.