I originally titled this episode as: What Does it Mean to Be a Mompreneur, How to Define it and Own it.
And that was the plan – at least half part of the show – but you see – Kelsey Humphreys has an incredibly successful show called The Pursuit – where she interviews HIGHLY successful people IN PERSON! Naturally, I had a TON of questions for her about the show but we did manage to talk about defining mompreneurship and how Kelsey balances her life between her hubby, a toddler, and a thriving business toward the end of the show.
Please note that Kelsey is REAL and says it how it is. She doesn’t sugar coat anything and talks openly about her struggles – I highly admire that and hope to be more open about mine as well.
So funny how we met – I stalked the Kelsey for a few months since I first discovered her and completely fell in love with her work and heart. I keep telling everyone that she’s my bestie even though this is the first time we’ve “met”! But since I always watch her videos and her AMAZING show – I feel like we’re ALREADY besties!!! Enjoy the show, mama!
In This Episode, Kelsey and I talked about:
- Course corrections and how many of them entrepreneurs go through
- How she took over the Marketing and Advertising for an international company and how they found her
- The importance of putting your work out into the world regularly
- How she wrote her bestselling book: Go Solo
- How Kelsey makes money and what bootstrapping is
- How she started contributing to SUCCESS magazine
- How she organizes her guest list and follow up schedule
Quotes and Takeaways
- “Don’t just sit there and incubate in your office, put your passion out there and opportunities will come!” – Vicky Lashenko
- “You have to get your rejection numbers up, because the more rejections you have, the more YES’s you’re going to get!” – Kelsey Humphreys
- “Who do you look up to? Look at their strategy, research, and ask yourself ‘How do I rewrite this so that it easily fits my life?'” – Kelsey Humphreys
- “Our job is not to give up on our dreams and goals and our job is also to be a good mom.” – Kelsey Humphreys
- “Be willing to get super weird.” – Kelsey Humphreys
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Go Solo – Kelsey’s AMAZING book!
- Kelsey’s guide for mompreneurs
- Writing a Winning Non-Fiction Book Proposal -by Michael Hyatt
Connect with us on Social Media!
Connect with Kelsey
Connect with Vicky
Thank You to our Sponsors!
A special thank you to the following companies that make this show possible! As you know, it takes a lot of time, effort, and resources to put on a weekly live show and I’m so thankful to these companies that make it possible! If you click on the links below and purchase and/or get their free product – it helps all three of us! It helps you because I only recommend products and services that I use and love! It helps me because the show is getting financed. And it helps the companies because they’re getting the best customers and clients in the whole entire world – listeners like you! Thank you!
Made On – An all natural brand of hard lotion, lip balms, and many other skin care products wich I absolutely LOVE! Get $5 off your purchase by using the code: Vicky
Did you enjoy the show?
If you enjoyed the show, let us know by leaving a review on iTunes!
Want to Avoid the Mistakes I've Made?
I've compiled the 5 biggest mistakes I made in my mompreneurial journey in hopes to help you avoid them.